Chiropractic treatment prevents and treats many common disc injuries and problems. At OC medical, we use chiropractic techniques that offer a natural approach to treating disc problems and lower back pain. Disc injuries are often caused by repetitive strain on the back. Work activities, hobbies, and other sudden trauma are all common causes of disc injuries.
Common disc injuries include:
- Bulging disc that results from small tears in the outside fibers of an annulus fibrosis.
Herniateddisc is a result from complete or more significant tear of fibers of an annulus. A herniated disc can be really painful and can cause nerve compression. There are chances of more severe cases when there is damage done to the spinal cord.
- Degenerative disc disease is when the nucleus loses water and small tears maturate in it. As a result bone spurs form along the outside edges of the vertebra and the space for the disc narrows.
Common symptoms of disc problems include:
- Lower back pain
- Numbness, pain, or weakness
- Leg pain in one leg
- Tenderness of the spine and spinal muscles
- Tingling sensation in leg
- Weakness in both legs
- Muscle spasms or pain
What are Spinal Discs?
Spinal discs give shock absorption to our spine. This protects the spinal cord and gives flexibility to the spine. Basically, spinal discs are structures that connect bones attaching the bottom and top of each vertebra.
If you are only experiencing pain in your lower back, we will examine other place of your spine. We want to make sure that the entire spine is functioning well overall. Most likely, whatever is happening in one area of the spine is influenced by a problem happening in another area of the spine.
For more information about chiropractic treatment of disc problems in Ogden, or to schedule an appointment with us, please call OC Medical today.